If you know my style, you know that I like to make fonts with some funky characters that you can mix and match with the regular letters. Sportsball is no different!
I created a semi-athletic-style slab serif font from scratch, using as few nodes/points as possible to ensure it would cut out smooth as butter for crafters. The uppercase set is straightforward, and can be used for a wide variety of projects. Then I made the lowercase set, where every letter is a bit different. Some are taller, some are wider, some have longer legs. Mix them in with the uppercase, and you can make a fun design with personality!
I wasn’t satisfied with just the slab serif, though. I decided to take that font and add spurs to the sides of the letters, giving everything a retro western flair. I also took the same letters and removed the serifs, adding a sans-serif to the family.
Then I figured, what the heck. I took all three styles and made hollow versions! The hollow styles can be used on their own, or they can be layered over the solid versions to make two-color outlined designs!
The Sportsball family includes:
– Sportsball Slab and Slab Hollow (OTF, TTF, and WOFF files)
– Sportsball Cowboy and Cowboy Hollow (OTF, TTF, and WOFF files)
– Sportsball Sans and Sans Hollow (OTF, TTF, and WOFF files)
– A ton of punctuation in each font
– Over 300 extended Latin characters in each font for language support, including ß, Æ, æ, Œ, œ, Å, å, and tons more!
– 24 uppercase Greek letters in each font file
– Everything is PUA-encoded, if that’s how you roll
– All alternates are mapped to the lowercase, for easy access in all programs
Buy Sportsball at Font Bundles!
Buy Sportsball at Creative Market!
Buy Sportsball at FontSpring!
Buy Sportsball at Creative Fabrica!
Buy Sportsball at Etsy!
Sportsball is also included in my Fun Workhorses Font Bundle.