I do a lot of taller, narrower handwriting fonts; this time around, I was inspired to make a wider, shorter handwriting font! MUGGSY has everything you expect from one of my fonts: clean and smooth curves, a full set of alternates, and a feeling of fun!
MUGGSY has two uppercase-height alphabets (with a few lowercase-style letters like a and e in the lowercase set), plus a full set of 63 “smallternates” — the same letters, numbers, and ampersand sized down to 75%, and beefed up in weight so they can be mixed in with the full-size letters. Plus 30 double-letter ligature sets, and a few additional alternates for variety!
You also get a ton of punctuation, and my usual 300+ extended Latin characters for language support, for a total of over 600 glyphs!
And just because you may want things a bit heavier, I’ve also made Muggsy Heavy, a bolder weight of Muggsy with all of the same alternates and extras.
MUGGSY in a nutshell:
– OTF, TTF, and WOFF file formats
– The basics: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, tons of punctuation
– “Smallternate” set: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and ampersand at 3/4 size
– 30 double-letter ligatures, plus some extra alternates for variety
– Over 300 extended Latin characters for language support
– Everything PUA-encoded for easy use in all programs!