Introducing King Basil: 421 glyphs, including A-Z, a-z, 0-9, tons of punctuation, 24 ligature sets, 163 accented characters, entry swash alternates for all uppercase and lowercase letters, exit swash alternates for all lowercase characters … this sucker has a ton of features!
All characters were hand-drawn on paper (with a Tombow brush pen), then scanned and imported, then the vectors were cleaned up and smoothed.
King Basil includes:
– OTF and TTF file formats
– Uppercase characters A-Z
– Lowercase characters a-z
– Numbers 0-9; Full punctuation
– Stylistic alternates for specific letters (such as uppercase F and T)
– Entry swash alternates for uppercase A-Z and lowercase a-z (mapped to Swash option, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Left” file)
– Exit swash alternates for lowercase a-z (mapped to Stylistic Alternates option, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Right” file)
– 15 double-letter ligatures (mapped as ligatures, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Doubles” file)
– 163 accented characters
– All characters accessible through character map / PUA encoded
Note: This font is formerly known as “Spiffy McGee.”