Introducing King Basil: 421 glyphs, including A-Z, a-z, 0-9, tons of punctuation, 24 ligature sets, 163 accented characters, entry swash alternates for all uppercase and lowercase letters, exit swash alternates for all lowercase characters … this sucker has a ton of features!
All characters were hand-drawn on paper (with a Tombow brush pen), then scanned and imported, then the vectors were cleaned up and smoothed.
King Basil includes:
– OTF and TTF file formats
– Uppercase characters A-Z
– Lowercase characters a-z
– Numbers 0-9; Full punctuation
– Stylistic alternates for specific letters (such as uppercase F and T)
– Entry swash alternates for uppercase A-Z and lowercase a-z (mapped to Swash option, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Left” file)
– Exit swash alternates for lowercase a-z (mapped to Stylistic Alternates option, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Right” file)
– 15 double-letter ligatures (mapped as ligatures, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Doubles” file)
– 163 accented characters
– All characters accessible through character map / PUA encoded
Note: This font is formerly known as “Spiffy McGee.”
Buy King Basil at Font Bundles!
Buy King Basil at Creative Market!
Buy King Basil at Creative Fabrica!
Buy King Basil at Etsy!